The world, how it works, surroundings, myself, etc.

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Booting to windows back..for a few minutes.

I booted to Windows (my grub screen shows it's option as "Virus") today, after a long time. There was a VC++ code that I needed to run, and don't know what fantasy lighted upon me when I thought the machine would work safely and securely. This indeed did not happen. I was almost hoping against hope when the machine started behaving as if it had no RAM at all. A sizable part of my 256 MB and 1.6 GHz P-IV are always taken up by the Norton (yes, it's not foolproof, of course, but still, something is better than nver, and I feel without it, I won't even complete my booting--the network starts before you login :(( )
After a threatening experience for my pc, I gave it relief and reverted it back to it's Linux.

Seriously, some things such so real-time!

No comments: