The world, how it works, surroundings, myself, etc.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Oh Lord! Pardon my Sin

I committed a huge sin. Even thought I was fully aware of it, I couldn't do anything to stop it. I was rendered powerless.

It all started when I went to Fry's to buy a laptop. I bought a Sony VAIO T2250 (1G RAM, Centrino Duo 1.73 GHz x 2, 120G HD, DVD RW, 15.4") for $874. Now the sin part -- the laptop came with Windows, a Vista variant, to be specific. I appealed to the Fry's personnel to give me a laptop which didn't come with Windows. There's none. I repeat, the whole of Fry's (a store with thousands of electronics items) didn't deal in a laptop which without Windows. In fact, there's no windows-less desktop either.

Helpless, I'm now waiting to take a dip in the Holy Ganges. It has purification effects, they say.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You go to hell, You go to Hell and Die !!

Maruti Borker said...

lolz =))

Unknown said...

he he ... you have committed a sin.. and I guess no Ganges can wash that off.

mythalez said...

are u goin to dip the laptop along with u to purify it of the 'evil windows' ?? :P

Unknown said...

thats sounds like a good reason to still not go for a personal laptop.

"Hopefully" soon I can get a CLEAN laptop from Sony or Dell at least.

Niklaus Wirth said...

:))

purify the laptop by formatting it with some linux distro you can lay your hands on :)

if my memory is right, you wrote a post on a mac laptop that you acquired previously..

Kunal said...

dude how is hell ??? :P

Vishal said...

You can still claim your money back if you refuse to sign the Eula:

http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/07/03/25/1944209.shtml

Guess I had read abt this some time back too...today saw it on the slashdot.

The many faces of stupidity said...

Fry's --> Forget Fry's, I've never been out of India. But from what I've heard they are a bunch of diehard intel fanatics. They never cease to display how duo core whips the ass of an AMD dual core!

Anyways I can see sarcasm dripping from head to toe!