The world, how it works, surroundings, myself, etc.

Monday, April 23, 2007

The Royal Flush Evening

We (Kunal, SMR, Rawat, Parry, I) were playing poker yesterday evening and what a game it was. Especially for me, I mean.

The game closed with my Royal Flush and wiped up almost everything. Now, Royal Flush is not something you get in every hand. Or even every day, for that matter. In fact, it has a meagre probability of 1 in 649,739 *. That is, if you deal a hand every second (for argument sake), it'll take you 7 days straight before you could expect a Royal Flush. It has the highest value hand possible in poker.

It felt lucky.


PS:
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poker_probability. Link courtesy Kunal.

2 comments:

Kunal said...

For you, "It felt lucky"...

For me & smr & rawat, "It felt disastrous" ...

pkj said...

dont forget it was i who was teh dealer. You can say i rigged it in your favor to repay all the loan i took from you :P.

But tell you what the probability of me rigging it conciously to get a RF is lesser than what you mentioned :)