The world, how it works, surroundings, myself, etc.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Disable Overlay Advertisement on IBNLive.com

IBNLive.com is a great news website for India. Just one problem - they have this irritating overlay advertisement every time you visit the homepage. Besides, while you check the individual stories, and go back to the homepage, the advertisement comes up again. It's irritating because you should either wait a few seconds before the advertisement auto-closes, or click the close button (which changes position every once in a while).

I wrote a greasemonkey script that disables this advertisement once and for all on the IBNLive.com homepage. It's located here.

If your firefox does not have the greasemonkey ad-on, install that first. If you don't use firefox, see why you should. If you don't know what firefox is, you should go out more often.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just use Adblock (http://adblockplus.org)

Himank Sharma said...

If you don't know what firefox is, you should go out more often.

He he.. ROFL!!! :)

Kunal said...

lol :D

pkj said...

Wow ! you really are pi$$ed at them.
Are you sure you are not liable to be sued by IBNLive ?

Unknown said...

Hi Nirnimesh

I was just wondering can you see the ibnlive videos on Firefox?

I can see it on Google Chrome and obviously on Internet Explorer. I was wondering if this was something wrong with my setup or if it was just because of firefox's architecture.

Let me know, thanks

Unknown said...

@ameya27

It's probably just your setup. ibnlive videos play just fine on my firefox.