The world, how it works, surroundings, myself, etc.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Engineers All Around

I had been contemplating the other day about the people I spend my time with daily. The introspection was shocking.

From dawn to dusk, I spend time with engineers of the most technical type. But shocking is the fact that it's only engineers that I spend time with. Of course there are other kinds of people which I don't happen to cross paths with, but are at least equally capable. Not only that, all the engineers that I spend my time with are computer engineers, so that's an even more specialized group. I'll have to strain my thoughts to recall the last time I talked to someone who was not a computer engineer. Despite the usual brouhaha about a large portion of the currently employed kind in the country being computer professionals, it takes out a certain spice/variety from life. I would have loved to talk to lawyers, writers, painters, poets, businessmen, detectives, criminals, and such. What a pity!

7 comments:

Kunal said...

ahh.. bitter truth!

time for you to become a journalist, and interview people from all streams :)

Unknown said...

I would have loved to talk to lawyers, writers, painters, poets, businessmen, detectives, criminals, and such.

I can qualify for a businessman :)

Is that some consolation? :)

mythalez said...

well .. interacting with non compsci .. scientific ppl is somewhat different - they ll look at u blankly at some of ur lingo/tech-jokes.

And it is evn more different with humanities ppl .. the topic of conversatinos are good ..

Unknown said...

Dude!
I think most of us fall in that category. And the only obvious solution to this problem is right in front of you.
Think of Ranta, Think of Kunal, Think of Me... and the solution is get yourself a girlfriend (a wife in the long run) ... and make sure that she is no way related to either computers or engineering...

Me said...

did someone say something about wanting to talk to criminals ??
you do have my number .. right ?? :D

@Rocky ,
dood .. "girlfriend (wife in the long run)" .. ehh .. ? what ?? didn't get that at all :)

- Utkarsh

diver said...

@i can empathise with u buddy..but cant help it :(( .. how about a career switch.. ;)) .. a wildlife photographer or a traveller or sth :D

Sreejith said...

how about a financial analyst :D